Measuring your window is simple if you follow our instructions.
What you will need -
- Tape measure (a rigid metal one will be best)
- A pen
- Piece of paper.
Exact or recess?
You can choose to have your blind made to fit the inside of the recess of your window or it can hang on the outside.
- Exact : This is the measurement you need to take if you want your blind to hang outside the window recess. We will make your blind exactly to these measurements.
- Recess : This is the measurement you need to take if you want your blind to fit inside the window recess. We will make your blind to fit into the recess perfectly. There's no need for you to make any adjustments.
Three simple steps to a recess measurement
Follow these instructions if you want your blind to hang inside the window recess:
- Measure the width of the recess from wall to wall in three places as shown. Note down the shortest measurement - this is the one we'll use.
- Measure the drop by taking the measurement from the top of the recess to the window sill in three places as shown. Note down the shortest measurement.
Three simple steps to an exact measurement
Follow these instructions if you want your blind to hang outside the window recess:
- Measure the exact width of where you'd like your blind to be. Note down the measurement.
- Measure the exact drop from the top of where you want your blind to be to the bottom. Note down the measurement.
Important note for measuring Roller blinds!
For Roller blinds, we have to allow for fittings at either end of the blind, as there is no headrail. This means the actual fabric is approximately 2.8cm less for an exact measurement and 3.3cm less for a recess measurement. You don’t need to make this adjustment, we do.
Hints & Tips
Always look out for things like window handles or tiles. You'll need to take their position into account to ensure a perfect fit. All our blinds can be fitted into the face of your window frame or wall, or into the top of the lintel. This gives you complete control over the positioning of your blind. If you have any questions about measuring your window, please feel free to contact us on 01253 397395 or email : firstname.lastname@example.org